Durham Lifting has over 100 years’ expertise in delivering static and dynamic load testing of structures, components, parts and products. We test a variety of products, from components designed to support a load of a few kilos to larger equipment designed to take thousands of tonnes. Testing can be carried out either in-house using our 2000Tonne test bed, the largest of its kind in the UK, or onsite using test weights, water bags and hydraulic systems.
- Tensile tests – A force is applied to load the sample in tension.
- Compression tests – Force is applied to load the sample in compression.
- Shear tests – A force is applied in the plane parallel to the cross section of the sample.
- Bending tests – Support the sample at either end and apply the load at midspan.
- Proof tests – A load applied to the sample that it resists within deformation limits.
- Live load tests – A dynamic load is applied to the sample utilising test weights.
- Destruction testing – Minimum break load testing in order to determine the samples MBL.
- Third Party witness – Available from your preferred Third Party verification body.
- Pre and Post Test MPI – Can be arranged in-line with British Standards.