- Suitable for Rescue from – Vertical and horizontal situations where a flexible line system is required that can be tensioned or released in a controlled manner. This will allow raising operations, lowering operations and tensioning operations.
- Bladeless cutting – Casualties can be recovered without the need to cut them free due to the raising and lowering capabilities of the kit.
- Rescue direction – The Gotcha FR kit is capable of rescuing vertically up or down as well as horizontally by tensioning.
- Pre-assembled – No assembly is required by the user, but the kit can be changed from lowering mode into raising or tensioning mode by altering the configuration. This is pre set and simple to carry out.
- Assisted Rescue – The Gotcha FR kit can be used in many ways and is designed to work in conjunction with a second kit to provide additional security where required.
- Single person use – A single kit is capable of lowering or raising a single casualty.
- Two person use – Two kits used together will provide a work and secondary system suitable for lowering a rescuer to a casualty and then raising or lowering both the rescuer and casualty to a point of safety.
- Maximum working length – The Gotcha FR kits are available in 50m and 100m versions. Each kit is is capable of being used for lowering operations up to that maximum length.
Maximum Working Length – the Spanset Gotcha™ FR Kit are available in 195ft and 325ft versions.
Order Code: Gotcha FR Kit
Work at height can be a hazardous activity. It is essential therefore that we address all the hazards present and reduce the associated risks wherever possible. Correct selection of equipment and training are an essential part of this process. However whilst some hazards are easy to identify, other less obvious hazards can have equally devastating effects. Where a fall protection solution allows the user to fall into a full body harness this is not necessarily the end of the issue. Suspension in a full body harness carries serious consequences if left unaddressed. This is called suspension trauma and is due to a lack of movement and restriction of the users circulation. If the user is able to move or relieve the pressure points then the effects can be dramatically reduced, but in the case of unconscious persons then the effects continue unchecked and rescue is the only option.
Rescue can be carried out in many different ways all with different levels of risk, training requirements, aptitude and commitment. It is therefore important to identify the solution that is right for your application. In order to do this you must consider all the variables such as the equipment they are using, where they are using it and the capability of the users. Another aspect that can be confused with rescue is evacuation. A useful definition between rescue and evacuation is: The Gotcha rescue range also includes evacuation devices or rescue devices that can be used for evacuation. Once again these should be assessed against the application and the ability of the user. Suspension Loop The use of a “suspension loop” is an addition to any rescue system that can help to alleviate the effects of suspension trauma. However this must not be seen as a solution to the problem and is also of little use to unconscious casualties. It can therefore be classed as an intermediate measure and rescue must follow. This is not an item of PPE. MBS 160Kg Order Code: GOTCHA SL Proof Testing and traceability
It is essential that all safety products are fit for purpose, but unlike many other safety products when a rescue kit is required you need it to work first time. You cannot “suspend” the operation and come back another day, the casualty requires assistance and the kit must perform. This is why all Gotcha Rescue kits have been independently tested to prove their capabilities. They are then individually proof tested prior to despatch. This ensures that the product is fit for purpose when supplied. Add to that the individual serial numbering that is on all SpanSet products and the control and inspection is also simplified.
All Gotcha rescue range kits are supplied in purpose made carry bags.
- Clearly identifiable as emergency rescue equipment
- Weatherproof and protective to keep the rescue kit in good condition for when you really need it.
- Shaped for ease of carry to help you get it to the work place
- Includes carry handles and straps for comfort and security
- Strong with reinforcements to cope with life in demanding environments
- Can be fitted with “tamper tags” for peace of mind